Monday, October 25, 2010

Stuffed Potato Ghosts


Well our wild week has came to an end, now it is back to reality. Remember when I mentioned that I challenged myself to make a complete meal, made strictly up of all things Halloween? Well, the side dish that I served was stuffed potato ghosts, do they not look ghoulishly delicious?

You will want to get at least 2 small bags of white fingerling potatoes, then you basically make your favorite "Twice Baked Potato Recipe". I would keep it fairly simplistic, since you want the "ghosts" to be white. After preparing your favorite "Twice Baked Potato" recipe you need to top your tators with cheese.  I would recommend, thin slices of Monterey Jack, you slice the cheese into 6 rectangles and place on each stuffed potato. Put in a 350 degree oven for 10 more minutes, once cheese is melted chop a scallion for the mouth and use finely diced olives for the eyes. Now I used this as a side dish, but I found a few of my guests were sneaking them as an appetizer, which I thought was a grand idea.

Stuffed Potato Ghosts were adapted from a recipe from this magazine.
For an example of a Twice Baked Potato Recipe, click here.



Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

2 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

That is TOO CUTE! What a great idea :0!

Tractor Mom said...

Boootiful!! I just love your creativity! I can't wait to see the rest of the meal...

Do you have a good Twice Baked Potato recipe--something simple but good--that you could recommend? My Hubby loves them and just wondered if you could recommend one...