Monday, November 8, 2010

Crockpot Tai Chicken


Because it is Monday, and I am feeling kind of spunky! I wanted to present a recipe to you that I found most peculiar. Now the entree pictured above looks innocent enough, right? Perhaps portraying a tempting Tai dish? Well infact, this dish combines two ingredients that I would have never, ever, ever would have thought to combine. Wait for it...............Peanut Butter and wait for it.....................................Salsa! The marriage of Peanut Butter and Salsa actually exceeded my expectations.

I was cooking 2 chicken breasts in the crock pot one night last week, and was peering on-line for a unique recipe that I could use. As soon as I seen PB and Salsa, I just knew I had to be bold and take my culinary game to the next level (you see, HH had cooked his beloved Chili the night before, so I figured if the entree was a flop at least I had backup plan).

I just so happen to love me some Tai food, but I have a hard time handling the 2 - 5 ratio of heat index. By making my own sutle version, I could limit the amount heat that was put into the dish. Using only a mild salsa, I was able to tone down the intensity, and then by adding a Chunky Peanut Butter (the recipe called for PB and then later add nuts, I just combine the steps) to contrast, and finally by using already minced ginger from the refrigerator, I was able to give the Tai dish more of a passive flavor.

I never told HH that night what exactly was in the meal that I had prepared for him. But to know that he did not reach for the left over chili in frig, instead asking for a second helping of the mystery entree was pleasure enough for me. Besides if he did not eat all, I just knew I would and my thighs would pay dearly for it.

The Crock pot Tai Chicken can be served with linguine or even over a bed of coconut rice.


For more information regarding this recipe please click HERE.

Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

No comments: