Monday, December 6, 2010

A Simplified Beef Wellington..


Beef meet Wellington! Whenever I see this listed on the menu, my mouth immediately begins to salivate. A buttery, flaky dough wrapped beautifully around a tender loin of meat. Yet I have never attempted to recreate this delicacy, always assuming that it was way out of my league. That is until, I was prompted with a challenge from HH to come up with a reconstructed version of a Wellington. I wanted it to be something I could make ahead of time and could be easily thrown together. I would say this recipe is equivalent to one beginning served at perhaps a fancy 4 star restaurant. So for this holiday season, if you are looking to impress some festive guests around your dinner table try serving a magnificent Beef Wellington.

I added finely diced pancetta and garlic to the mushroom sauce as well.

For more information regarding this recipe please click HERE.

Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

1 comment:

MIL said...

Looks yummy, great for a cold evening.