Friday, March 4, 2011

Muffaletta-Stuffed Pizza Rustica...


Hello my love muffaletta, it is me your most crazed fan. As I have mentioned in the past, whenever I get the opportunity to seize a scrumptious morsel of this beloved dish I jump on it. Now, the term muffaletta in a sense means an almost pesto like consistency made with salty olives, giardiniera (vegetable mixture), typically loaded with 3 different meats, an assortment of cheeses, a variety of condiments, and this is all atop a warm crusty bread loaf (or in this instance pizza crust). It really is a slice of pizza heaven.
I adapted this recipe to accommodate ingredients that can be found in a small town grocery store. Such as instead of the fancy meat slices it called for, I used a more traditional pastry, salami and a ham. Also instead of making my own pizza dough, I opted for the marvelous Pillsbury in a can.
For more information regarding this recipe please click HERE.
Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

No comments: