Friday, April 29, 2011

Cheese-Caraway Muffins‏


Let me begin by saying, that putting Caraway seeds in muffins is pure genius! It adds such a distinctive flavor, and the aromatics are phenomenal (You can find Caraway fragrances in oils, lotions, soaps, perfumes, ect..). Begin paired with the pungent sharp cheddar cheese really steps up these muffins into an almost princess (I couldn't help it!) like stature. Or shall I say they would be suitable for a queen (I'm sorry but I was up at 5AM blissfully gazing at the British Monarchy), elegantly served at high tea. Perhaps even a Dutchess, (how elegant did Princess Catherine look, and the tiara! Would it be in poor taste to ask for a tiara for Mothers Day?) would loath to get her royal fingers on just one of these scrumptious little numbers. So it may seem quite fitting that I received this recipe from a royal dignitary in her own right. Thank you Miss Charlene.

Cheese-Caraway Muffins
1 3/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp caraway seed
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese ( or a cheese of your choice)
1 well-beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil

Stir dry ingredients into bowl: make well in center. Combine egg,
milk, and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir quickly just
until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
(I used a mini muffin pan, so I could watch my portion control)
Bake at 400 degrees about 25 minutes. Makes 12

Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

Program Note:  In honor of the big wedding today, use your royal wedding guest name this week. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, then "of" followed by the name of the street you grew up on.

Or you may refer to me as: Lady Donna Pokey of Lincoln

No comments: