Thursday, September 8, 2011

Proscuitto Wrapped Scollops With Pesto


The 2011 Regular Season Football kicks off tonight with the New Orleans Saints vs. last years Super Champions my Green Bay Packers. The green and gold dominate our farmstead this time of year. I have even took it upon myself to teach Baby D a chant; "Go Pack Go, Go Pack Go" (I will try to video this tonight so you will be able to see him in action during the game)!


Last weekend we had guests staying at the farmstead for Baby D's big birthday party. One of the appetizers that I prepared was an incredibly easy Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops With Pesto. Only requiring 3 ingredients, I was able to whip this up a day ahead of time, then put it into the oven right before my guests were ready to eat. My family adores all seafood, so I knew this would be a real treat. Infact, I do believe that Papa Buck finished half of this dish all by himself.

Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops With Pesto

2 lbs Big Beautiful Bay Scallops
1 package of Prosciutto cutting each slice in half
1/4 cup of pesto of your choice (I used basil, but tomato would be fabulous as well)
S & P
EVOO

Begin by putting some EVOO in a skillet (cast iron works best) and bring it up to medium heat. Season the scallops with S & P and place them into the skillet. Now you really do not need to cook them for very long, you are basically just getting them seared, nice golden brown. Only afew minutes on each side. Take them out and let them cool. Then cut your prosciutto in half. Grab your pesto, and put a generous dalp on each scallop, then wrap with prosciutto. Place them on a greased sheet tray, and either cook at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour or place them into your refrigerator until later.

How remarkably easy is that?

Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

Program Note: I will soon be posting Baby D's birthday pictures!

No comments: