Monday, January 17, 2011

Rustic Vegetable Soup


Last weekend, HH journeyed back up to the Northwoods to enjoy some much needed adrenaline rush. Which left Baby D and I to hold the fort down at the farmstead. Since HH was away, I invited my mother over to stay with us, this would give her adequate time to spend with her grand baby. And gives me the opportunity to experiment with some recipes in the kitchen. I asked if there was anything particular that she wanted to eat thoughout her stay. With that, I was given the reply that she is now currently on an "All Vegetable Diet" (mother is always looking the ultimate weight loss strategy). OK? So with my task at hand, I was on a mission for some hearty vegetable cuisines. I came across an entree from Kelsey Nixon (whom I love), that was filled with tons of wholesome produce. It would be just perfect for my mother latest fad. A wonderfully rich soup, that is extremely appetizing to ones palate. I have to give all of you vegans out there some much needed props, this soup was not only satisfying, but you really did not miss any meat in this dish. I absolutely feel head over heels for this wintry soup. All of the different textures and flavor combinations (squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, etc..) within were exquisite.





For more information regarding this recipe please click HERE.
Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

No comments: