Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stylish Egg Salad.....


With the Easter Holiday fast approaching, I am sure that you will dozens of fancy colored hard boiled eggs literally laying around your house. And you may be asking yourself; Self, what on earth shall I do with all of the protein packed poultry products? Well, this is my take on the traditional egg salad. I just love the vibrant color combination of all the lovely summer vegetables mixed into this popular dish. The buttery avocado, the sweetness of the tomato, earthy robust flavor of dill, all Incorporated in a creamy egg mixture. Does this not just scream spring or what?


Stylish Egg Salad

6 Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tomato
1 Avocado (sprinkled with lemon or lime juice to prevent color distortion)
1 TBSP Sweet Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Sweet Relish
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Fresh Dill or I always keep an assortment of "Garden Gourmet" squeeze herbs in my refrigerator
S&P to taste

Mix all of the ingredients above together and serve an a luscious piece of Bibb or Roman Lettuce. How easy is that?

Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

No comments: