Friday, November 12, 2010

Crockpot Stuffed Peppers


Can you tell it is beginning to get chilly in Mid-Mo? I have posted two crockpot recipes in one week, my hibernation mood must be strengthing. Or perhaps its the fact that Baby D is now taking diaper gym twice a week and I have grown accustom to using my old reliable crockpot. Whatever the case may be, I found this recipe to be an incredible one pot wonder. The pepper was so moist, yet it held up its shape perfectly by holding all of the delicious stuffing. The presentation itself made you salivate.  


Crockpot Stuffed Peppers

4 whole peppers
15 oz tomato sauce
1/2 of a large onion diced
1/2 of a large pepper diced
1.5 lbs of hamburger
1 cup brown rice uncooked
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup Italian Bread crumbs

Spray cooker with oil. Brown meat, peppers, and onions. Turn off burner then drain fat from pan, then add Salt & Pepper to taste, 2 TBSP Sauce, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 3/4 cup cheese. Then in the same skillet add your uncooked rice. Pour some of the sauce mixture in the bottom of the crockpot, then place your peppers on top. Stuff your peppers with remaining beef mixture, if you have extra just add to the bottom of the crockpot. Top each of the peppers with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Cook 4 hours on high.

Enjoy,
Farming Fabulously

3 comments:

Tractor Mom said...

I've been using the crockpot a lot lately too!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at www.afarmerslife.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from your post above if I provide a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Harry

Miller Racing Family said...

Looks like a fabulous recipe. I use to think only working moms out of the home really need to use crock pots but I am now remembering that stay at home moms need them a little bit more. Today in fact I had three crock pots going at once, talk about overload.
Have a great day!